Re: Absolut vodka April 15, 2002

---------

From: Heidi McElroy (hmcelroy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 18:49:12 PDT

greetings fellow educators,
a number of years ago i put up a large collection of Absolut ads with
the following disclaimer..."ART (IN LIFE)
THIS IS NOT ABOUT VODKA !!!!
IT IS ABOUT ART
... IN ADVERTISING
IT IS ABOUT A BOTTLE.....
ITS LINE, SHAPE, COLOR, SPACE, VALUE
TEXTURE, FORM, PROPORTION, RHYTHM, CONTRAST, VARIATION,UNITY
EMPHASIS, HARMONY, BALANCE.
IT IS ALSO ABOUT ARTISTS AND THEIR INTERPRETATION OF THIS PRODUCT.
LOOK AT THIS WITH THE EYES OF AN ARTIST AND FIND THE ELEMENTS OF ART
AND THE PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN. DISCOVER
ARTISTS WHOSE WORK YOU LIKE AND LEARN MORE ABOUT THEM."
No one complained. the students loved it. every now and then i put them
up again and non-art students come to the art room to visit them.
that first year i had my students design an "Absolut Me" poster about
themselves in the style of the Absolut posters. one of my students even
bought me the Absolut book as a gift. heidi in va

ArtsEdNet Talk digest wrote:

> ARTSEDNET Digest for Monday, April 15, 2002.

---