RE: interviews

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 06:23:19 PDT

         I like this - I am always ready to state my weakness (es!)... and
how I am addressing them, and my strengths!!!

        Sense of humor is a plus for me - during an interview I did think
about who I would like to eat lunch with everyday - not just plan etc....

        Also ask about a recent book they have read -
Ellen
> Subject: Re: interviews
>
> Ask your candidate to tell about the biggest mistake they ever made. It
> allows you to see if they have a sense of humor (not taking themselves too
> seriously). I have worked with people who never make mistakes, and it is
> always unpleasant. While on the committee to find a new librarian for the
> public library, our favorite candidate told us about buying a Yugo.
>
> I know a reatauranteur who is famous for her good hires. She says she'd
> never hire anyone she would not enjoy having dinner with.
> Christa

---