Re: to Chris, Re: Artists in Residence

---------

From: Christopher Anderson (canderso_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 20:56:23 PDT

Myriam,
The tape is yours.

I would like to work together to maximize its (and other tape's) use in
the classroom.

Yes, Debbie's tape has it's limitatations,and as I shoot additional
artists I'll try to incorporate the ideas I get to make the tapes more
user-friendly.

What can you suggest as a lesson plan that makes this tape useful. It's
clearly not a How-to. How else might you use the segments to teach?

I really am asking you to help me develop an approach that works in the
classroom.

Thanks for your comments and I may have more questions to ask.

>>> cemy@caribe.net 04/15/02 20:36 PM >>>
Chris,
I received the video today and saw it immediately. Mine
is the Deborah Melton.

I like the three segment format. Just long enough to keep
the kids' attention. She was very imformative as she
covered the historical background. However, the hesitation
in her voice distracted me. I would have liked to see her
at her sewing machine demonstrating what she explained
about sewing. Also, she was not clear about the different
techniques. As I understand it, one method "draws" with
the stitching over the fabric and another joins pieces,
right? That was not clear.

I liked the variety of styles and designs. The
contemporary ones are so unique. I would have liked to see
the heat transfer method.

I hope this has been helpful. Let me know if you have any
specific questions. I will return the tape tomorrow,
Myriam

  Message sent using Caribbean Internet WebMail
  Caribe.Net - http://www.caribe.net

---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu
---