successful fundraiser

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 19:30:14 PDT

I missed the original post (I'm having a hard time getting back into the
swing of things after spending spring break in Spain-the older get the
longer the jet lag lasts!!) Anyway, I also tried Square 1 this year for
the first time. Our school is not large (450) students, but I made
almost $1,000.00. I also was surprised by all the positive comments from
parents thanking me for doing the program. We are all anxiously awaiting
the merchandise but if the magnets that the children already received
are any indication-eveything will be great. We were impressed by the
quality of the reproductions on the small magnets. As for the money-what
I really wanted was a digital camera to be able to keep in the art room
and I've already got that. I also ordered (it came today!) enough clay
for every class to do a project before school is out. With budget cuts
this year we weren't going to be able to do clay. And I still had
several hundred left to play with-I had fun with the Sax catalog! Marty
was absolutely great to work with!!! It is so nice to have connections
on this art line!
            Jeryl in SC

---