Re: writing in the art room

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 14:59:40 PDT

I understand the value of writing about art, and I think the suggestions
that have been given on this list are useful. However, I teach elementary
students once a week for forty minutes. I feel that if I gave my students
two writing prompts every week, that's all we'd have time to do. When would
we practice the skills of visual communication through art making without
words? Students are given so little time for this endeavor to begin with.
I'm not disagreeing with the value of written communication, I'm just
standing up for carving out time for visual communication. What do you
elementary teachers think?

Leah