Re: RE:Sidewalk art

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 15:00:47 PDT

Sidewalk art is great - I am one of the ONLY teachers who takes my students
outside in the spring to color on the sidewalk and still include learning! I
will have them create pictures on a theme, reminding them that their design
must go off 3 edges, main focus of compostition must not be centered but
done on the tic-tac-toe board intersections, etc. The great thing about
doing sidewalk art now is that the sidewalk chalk usually goes on sale about
now and I can buy 3-4 large buckets of chalk for $10. I wouldn't even THINK
about using oil pastels - no telling how hard on the environment they might
be, chance of clothing getting stained, not to mention the cost!!! :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids