Re: Advertising ideas, books, curriculum?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 12:59:46 PDT

> Write for the Jan-Feb 2002 back issue of Savoy Magazine (Tom Joyner on the
> cover). It has fourteen of the fifteen Absolut art commission winners
> included as a feature. It's GREAT for advertising examples and for the art
> in general.

Although I love the Absolute ads and think it is genius in marketing -- I am
uncomfortable using something in the classroom that is ultimately aimed at
selling vodka.
My high school kids love the ads and collect them, they are the first things
to be ripped from the magazines I provide for cutting up, but... I think
they love them first because they are neat representations of a controlled
substance.
And sometimes I think the intention is much like the cigarette ads-- to
glamorize and subvert and lead the kids to think that something other than
sales of substances that are not for them is intended. If, you are using
absolute ads as examples, you certainly need to investigate the marketing
strategy.

Hope you understand what I am saying.
As neat as the Absolut ads are, I would not have them displayed around the
room.

just a thought for using something that could lead to troubles

Patty

---