RE: Sidewalk art

---------

Linda.Hoffelt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 13:09:33 PDT

We did sidewalk art last year on the last day of school. I made sidewalk chalk by filling cardboard tubes with plaster mixed with paint. I also mixed some paint with cornstarch and water to use with brushes. The problem was on that day, I realized the images would look better outlined in black so I quickly thinned some black tempera with water for them to use. We did this on May 23 and the last of the lines disappeared in November. The kids had great fun, though. They worked on sketches the day before we went out. Linda in So. Dak.