Re: Advertising ideas, books, curriculum?

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 06:22:56 PDT

Just for fun you might research to get a copy of an article from Harper's
magazine (1980's/ early 90's). The article was called "You Can Have It
All." Harpers asked major agencies,like NW Ayer, J. Walter Thompson,
Saatchi & Saatchi, to design ads for the seven deadly sins, Wrath, Lust,
Gluttony, Sloth, Pride, Envy, and Avarice. It is very amusing, and while
it may not provide you with a lesson plan, seeing an ad with Santa speaking
out on greed is a hoot!
Christa

At 09:41 AM 4/13/02 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm teaching advertising next year. I was hoping for at least 15 so the
>class would run. Thirty-two high school students signed up so there will
>have to be two classes. It's a half year course. I've thought of business
>cards, stationary, ad campaign (ad with slogan, packaging), logo design. We
>can look at the Absolut ads, I've got milk ads, etc. What feedback can you
>give me? I'm looking for some great books and/or films to buy and any web
>sights. Thanks in advance for your help. Eileen
>
>---

---