Re: artsednet digest: April 14, 2002 - Having students write about art

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 04:26:32 PDT

Hi,

Here is a great way to have students write about art. Go to Artsconnected,
the Mpls. Art Institute / Walker Art Center combined interactive web site.
Under Art Gallery, click on Art Collector. This feature allows you to
create a collection from the 2 museums' artwork (over 5000 images already in
digitized form), and create text boxes next to the artwork selected that the
students can write in. Those collections are given a URL address that allow
the student to share their collections. If you are interested in more
details of how this works, I will be hosting an online discussion on
TAPPEDIN Tuesday, April 16 from 6-7:30 CST.

If you wish to visit Artsconnected, go to:

http://www.artsconnected.org

If you are interested in joining the discussion on artsconnected, go to:

http://www.tappedin.org

If you are visiting TAPPEDIN, it is suggested that you arrive 15 minutes
early to get acclimated. BJ Berquist, a contributor to this listserv, helps
to facilitate the art discussions. She or someone else already on duty will
help you find your way around.

Kevan

---