Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Advertising ideas, books, curriculum?

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 06:46:07 PDT

This is a great opportunity to introduce media literacy. I have several
bookmarks at my backflip site under ArtsSites - Graphic Arts/Media

Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN

Subject: Re: Advertising ideas, books, curriculum?
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:41:15 EDT

I'm teaching advertising next year. I was hoping for at least 15 so the
class would run. Thirty-two high school students signed up so there
have to be two classes. It's a half year course. I've thought of
cards, stationary, ad campaign (ad with slogan, packaging), logo
design. We
can look at the Absolut ads, I've got milk ads, etc. What feedback can
give me? I'm looking for some great books and/or films to buy and any
sights. Thanks in advance for your help. Eileen