Re: Advertising ideas, books, curriculum?

---------

From: louise dawkins (ms_wez_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 20:07:05 PDT

Eileen,

I have taught Advertising, and have taught package
design, it was very popular with the students. The
absolute best, was when we re-designed the Pepsi Can.
The lesson was based on mult-cultural gender bias
advertising. Students has to research advertising and
how it applies to specific markets. They then came up
with a plan, and a market base. Designed the cans.
They were so original that I contacted the local Pepsi
distributor who came out. Took one look at the cans
and asked to display them at their regional offices.
The students were awarded prizes and t-shirts, and of
course plenty of pepsi to drink. That was a big hit.
5 years later they still talk about that project, when
I see former students out and about in town.

Louise in VA