Re: [ArtsEducators] Tax Break

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 06:36:00 PDT

This new tax rule- the above the line deduction- can't be used for 2001 taxes-
so no need to change anything on your return before Monday! And Woody doesn't
need to worry about the IRS as long as his "non reimbursed business expenses"
that he's been deducting all along exceeded 2% of his adjusted gross income.
I don't know. $250 off my adjusted gross income isn't going to drop me to a
lower tax bracket, and it amounts to something like $ 75 to $100 in tax bill
terms. I think it is kind of a way of the government to say, "yes, of course
teachers are expected to spend their own money on supplies to do their job."

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---