Tax Break

---------

From: JUDY GROCHOWSKI (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 19:54:34 PDT

Hi all,
    Here's some cool info which was just passed along to me-altho, it's not really nearly enough, is it?
Jude

New Legislation Gives Educators A Tax Break For School Supplies
Washington, DC -- New legislation awaiting final signature by President
Bush will allow educators to take an above-the-line deduction for up to
$250 for supplies they personally purchase for students. The president has
verbally agreed to the bill that will help offset personal expenses for
teachers, which will likely fuel additional purchases by educators for
classroom school supplies. To find our more about the legislation, go to
the news release and the NEA...

---