Re: weaving

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 08:29:53 PDT

> Why only one side of the loom? I was taught to wrap all around.. when you are done weaving turn over to the back side and cut the
> yarn midway down.. you then tie the strands (two together).. on both ends.
> Wayne S
I've taught weaving in my HS classes for years, using those chipboard
looms. Because the warps are spaced 1/4", the fringe created from the
tied-off warps is rather sparse. I have my students remove the loops
from the tabs, and either hand-tie fringe to them or insert an
attractive stick.

Maggie

---