Re: Intierant?

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 19:07:22 PDT

I am pretty frustrated because I know that I could do a much better job with the kids if I had fewer 50-60 minute classes and a little more plan time. Last year I only had one school--fourteen classes in two days. Just a week before school started this year my second school opened up, and as I am over fifty and basically have no retirement, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. But I am used to providing a certain level of quality which is now impossible to maintain. Plus my new school has had art teachers who were half time for the past three years. They were spoiled--I was spoiled. Reality has hit us both!

When the self-pity bug really gets bad I think about the art teacher in our district who visits four schools per week--two on carts! The schools in our district are site-based and there isn't much parity for schedules and budgets.