Re: weaving

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 15:03:13 PDT

A couple of things I did for 5th grade weavers- I pre cut the yarn into lengths
for them and wound these into little skeins so they don't tangle or snarl up.
Each table has a box with enough pieces to get them through class. It was time
consuming, but has really helped keep things sane- everyone stays seated
because they have all the colors of yarn right there-- and no danger of
creating a really big snarl. The other thing was that I drilled holes in the
end of popsicle sticks about 1/4 inch from the ends to make "weaving needles"
I didn't have tapestry needles, so this is what I came up with. Our looms are
about 5 inches wide, so they can weave the popsicle stick across and then pull
the yarn through with it. They don't lose these, so I like them better.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---