Re: Virtual Art Tours

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 08:46:47 PDT

the national gallery of art has a neat virtual tour of their sculpture
garden...they use an interesting program that allows you to view the
sculptures in different views and click on them for more information. i
think the process requires using a camera and taking views from a fixed
point and capturing images from 360 deg. then a program is used to put
the photos together and allows the user to "move the camera" and see
what they want

>>> slonakera@conewago.k12.pa.us 04/11/02 09:36AM >>>
I'm taking a professional development leave next year and part of my
hours is to create a virtual tour for my 8th graders. Does anyone know
of some sites that could help me? Has anyone used the computer to take
their students through tours of museums on the internet? If so, what
advice would you give to make the process of developing and teaching the
lesson go smoothly?

---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu
---