things you can do with stained glass paint etc

---------

From: Menninghaus Randy (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 03:14:35 PDT

Over the years we have used it on transparences to create faux stained
glass pieces. The student can design an art work on paper lay the paper under
the transparency then lay the paint on the transparency. We used the dark
colors of puff paint and the "leading " paint first....let it dry 24 hours then
did the colored bits.

In other cases we created sheets of fake glass colors with transparences(
our school provides the transparencies free) Then on a large panel of plexi
glass developed window sized panels. The lead paint held it in place. The
student cut out and fit pieces as if they were actual glass pieces. When
we hung them in windows we would put the scratch able side "in" so passerby
would not vandalize the colored surface. Some fading occurs over
time.

The third way was directly on the back of the Plexiglass.. Those panels we
periodically take down and re color.

there are zillion of creative pop up ideas for rubber stamps....

---Randy Menninghaus

---