Re: Vicodin

---------

From: Jane Altshuler (jane_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 19:47:24 PDT

I hear you - as I said I only needed during two episodes this past year. After
the mastectomy, I was able to take it only after taking the anti-emetic drug
Zofran which I had used during chemo for nausea. I guess when you have cancer
you get so used to taking drugs that you take drugs just to combat the side
effects of other drugs. It's all behind me now, though, and I can throw all my
perscription bottles in the trash! Thanks for your concern, though, and it's a
good point that narcotics are not a good solution for chronic conditions.
Vicodin is a popular hollywood drug - it's the one Matthew Perry (from Friends)
got into trouble with.