I just finished my second quilt with my K-2 students - this year's theme was
insects. Last year we did wildflowers. They are awesome! We made over $1400
last year (we currently have 47 students) and know that we'll top this since
alot of people didn't know we were doing it last year. I help the students
draw their object on material (meaning I divide the class into 3 groups and
teach each group how to draw their bug or flower) then another teacher
quilts them together. Super fundraiser since who doesn't like quilts!
> I did quilts with my third graders this year that were sold at our silent
> auction. We used fabric crayons. The theme was Texas Wildflowers. I had
> eachclass make one for a total of five. Some Moms helped me sew them.