Re: textile design for high school art student

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 17:30:04 PDT

I have a book from my student days in textile design called
 The Principles of Pattern for Craftsmen and Designers, by
Richard M. Proctor, which goes through networks of pattern:
square, brick, half-drop, diamond, triangle, ogee, hexagon,
circle, and scale. Of course, since my student days were long ago,
this particular book is out of print, but he has another book published
by Dover called Principles of Pattern Design, which seems to cover the
same ground, that is available. I remember doing square linoleum
block prints with designs carved out to the edges, and printing the same
block in different networks.

Deborah

In a message dated 4/9/2002 8:08:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
wellmanj@BellSouth.net writes:

> Can anyone suggest a source or perhaps describe a lesson or introductory
> assignment in textile design, particularly an introduction to variations
> on repeat patterns in textile design

---