Re: references enclosed with resume

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 17:21:59 PDT

In a message dated 04/09/2002 10:17:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Nnaell@aol.com writes:

> Should she just include these references with her current resume even though
>
> they are addressed to someone else? Or should she put the references in
> her
> teaching portfolio and give them out upon request as references she has
> been
> given in the past?

IMO...Definitely include the references with the resume! In her introduction
letter she might write that she is enclosing letters of recommendation which
had recently been written on her behalf. I strongly believe that my letters
of reference which I always included with my resume helped me get teaching
jobs over the years. I always recommend to my atudent teachers that they
include recommendations with the resume and never write "references upon
request". They advantages of not having to seek out information because the
info is already provided is a big plus for anyone hiring.

Here's some other tips- never fold the resume and ecommendation letters- send
them a big envelope. Better yet, if possible, deliver them in person. Never
know who you might bump into in the office. (I could tell you stories.) Look
professional and say to the secretary, "Hi, I'm so-and-so. I came to drop
off my application for the art teacher position." Important, how one markets
oneself. Then again, for someone as shy as I am.....LOL....
Susan on Long Island

---