Re: printmaking

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 16:09:53 PDT

With fifth graders last year I had about a third of them printing in the
back of the room while the other two thirds worked on a writing/illustration
project. We had four printing stations with a pair of printmakers at each.
While one was inking his plate, the other was burnishing the back of his.
Since my attention was on the third who were printing, my sense was that the
other two thirds didn't accomplish a whole lot when it wasn't their week to
print, but they were pretty excited about the outcome of their styrofoam
plate prints, so maybe I need to look at the big picture. Ya gotta do what
ya gotta do.

Marcia, Derby, KS