Re: art/arthritis/methotoxate

---------

From: Jane Altshuler (jane_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 17:06:29 PDT

Roberta - I had two painful situations this year due to breast cancer treatments
and Vicodin, which is a narcotic, was an excellent solution. I just had a
bilateral mastectomy and vicodin got me right through with no adverse effects -
it does not make you tired or loopy, just removes the pain. I also had bone
pain during one of the chemos I had (taxol) which they perscribed celebrex for.
celebrex did nothing but give me heartburn, but again vicodin was the answer. I
only needed it for a few days each cycle, but man, it was the ticket. I don't
suggest using it everyday, but if every once in a while you want a day without
pain (it does make you so grumpy) I say go for it. Good luck - I feel (felt)
your pain....Jane