salaries and advice

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 13:41:08 PDT

One last word on salaries.
Came across this today

> Teachers' union sees stagnant salaries
> MSNBC, April 08
> http://www.enc.org/redirect/ehn/?ehn_id=14555

And a word of advice, especially for new teachers.

Invest in a 403B account!

If you aren't familiar, a 403b is like a 401K and available to state
employees. I started teaching late in life and had NO retirement plans. A
very good friend encouraged me to invest in a 403b. The money is taken
directly out of my check (and not taxed, thus reducing my taxable income) so
I don't even miss it. In just a few years I have amassed an amount the
boggles me often.

It was the best financial advice I ever got and am passing it on.
just do a google search and put in 403b

Patty

---