Re: RE: Re: art/arthritis/methotoxate

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 12:02:32 PDT

If your disease progresses to the unbearable stage, consult a surgeon. My
mother, who watched as my grandmother's hands curled inward. saw herself
progressing the same way and had joint replacement in many of her fingers
- she has succeeded in turning away the family "tradition". The procedure
is very successful except in the big joint below the thumb - the joints
are more durable than they used to be and it is an outpatient procedure
although you may have a cast and sling for a little while after. My
arthritis is mainly that big thumb joint ( from weaving and years of
gardening) but doctors say ther isn't much they can do ther at the present.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---