arthritis

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 10:27:56 PDT

I have been interested to read how many of us are suffering from symptoms of
arthritis. Several years ago I was severely affected and took naproxyn for
3-4 years. Because I felt so tired, I asked the rheumatologist if that were
also a symptom of arthritis. He checked my thyroid hormone levels and they
were way low. After being on thyroid hormones for a few months, my arthritis
symptoms completely disappeared. He told me that arthritic symptoms are
often caused by thyroid problems. Even my family doctor didn't know that
until this guy wrote him a letter. Next time I saw him, he told me that my
diagnosis had helped him to help another patient who had come in with the
same symptoms. Low functioning thyroid is especially prevalent in middle
aged women. If you are suffering, I strongly suggest you ask your doctor to
do the bloodwork to check thyroid levels. Hope this will help some of you.
Linda in NC

---