Re: Beginning salary

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 10:14:53 PDT

finding out where to live could help...but remember cost of living is
usually directly related to pay scales. in MD some counties start at
30,000 and some at 36,000 but then again the area with the lower start
also has housing that is over 30,000 cheaper

>>> pknott@enter.net 04/10/02 12:48AM >>>
Personally I think it it rather fruitless to be discussing salaries.

There is such such divergence. What does it accomplish?

I think , for the most part, salaries have been the determination and
hard
work of strong teacher associations. Some states and some personal
beliefs
just won't accept the effectiveness of teacher bargaining. I guess you
get
what you believe in and are willing to fight for.

If you think that your local boards will benevolently give you some
kind of
equitable salary, then I suggest you need to look at a little bit of
history.

Patty

---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu