Re: Book Club "compromise"

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 03:22:43 PDT

After thinking about this...why don't we combine the "method to this
madness" and do both.

We can still post back and forth on the list...so that anyone can benefit
from our comments...however, they could still be posted to a website, so
that anyone can go back and refer to this later. This would benefit those
who come up later wanting info on a particular book.
Carolyn

> Personally, I still think it would be better to do this on an email basis
> than for one person to be in charge of posting it to a web site. I don't
> remember to check out web pages on a regular basis...but I do remember to
do
> something when I receive an email on it. Once an email list is set
> up...there's nothing else for anyone to "be in charge of".
>
> I thought the initial object of this was for all of us to be able to
discuss
> the books back and forth among the ones of us who are interested. I don't
> really want my comments posted to a web page. I don't understand why we
> can't just email back and forth. It doesn't even matter if we leave it
> right on the ArtsEdNet list so that anyone on the list who wants to can
read
> it....or simply delete it. By keeping it here, we may get others
interested
> who are not writing about this right. We're making something that's
simple,
> way too complicated...but this is just my humble opinion.
> Carolyn

> > The site wouldn't be password protected, just a list of the books.
> > You could always just go to the site and look stuff up.
> > There could be a book of the week or something..
> >
> > It's easy to look stuff up on a website, and not have to weed through
your
> > emails.
> > Just my thoughts....
> > G. Osborne