Re: student teacher needs help with elements of art

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 21:59:54 PDT

Hi Collette, seems short time indeed!! Sounds like our first year of Art
1. Anyway, a really fun way to do it is to give a handout to all students
and briefly explain the terms, then give assignments by tables--too much
to hope that you would have the right number of groups--ie this group is
to show emphasis, this one value, this one color, this one form etc. Give
them some media that they can use--clay, colored paper, crayons, pastels
--whatever you have to use. Give them 25 minutes and then they have to
show their element to the group and explain all about it. You will have
to go around to all the tables and help them and give suggestions. I find
that kids remember well what they have to do under pressure, so this helps
them to remember their subject. The problem is that they are busy
worrying about their own presentation and don't listen well to others. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #
# Elko, NV 89801 #