Re: Beginning salary

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 21:48:41 PDT

Personally I think it it rather fruitless to be discussing salaries.

There is such such divergence. What does it accomplish?

I think , for the most part, salaries have been the determination and hard
work of strong teacher associations. Some states and some personal beliefs
just won't accept the effectiveness of teacher bargaining. I guess you get
what you believe in and are willing to fight for.

If you think that your local boards will benevolently give you some kind of
equitable salary, then I suggest you need to look at a little bit of
history.

Patty

---