Re: Clay Projects I hope this helps everyone

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 20:17:45 PDT

I teach ceramics at the high school. I have my students so busy they all
are saying there isn't enough time to do all the projects. Heres my list:
(beyond pinch, coil and slab my students started out with)-
1. Pinch Pot- Size of Baseball

2. Coil Pot- Four Inches Tall

3. Tile- for Wall- School related- Six inches square-1/4 Thick- Additive

4. Triangle Vase- Six inches Tall- Three inches Wide

5. Jewelry Box- Four inches wide- four inches tall

6. Drape Mold Bowl- Six inches Round

7. Weaving- Three inches Tall- Five Inches Wide

8. Urn- Five inches Tall- Four Inches Wide- Template 4x12 inches

8B. Sculpture Expressive hands and Rodin

9. Relief Tile- Four inches square- 1/2inch Thick- Subtractive (take away)

9B. Gargoyles and Grotesque- sculpture, size of baseball not a softball

10. Make A sculpture of a animal- Nature animals in environments about the
size of baseball not a softball

11. A self–portrait sculpture included with neck- clay about the size of
baseball not a softball - Five Inches tall

12. Make a Mask- hollow out back for hanging- Six Inches, length and four
inches wide

13. Sculpture of you sitting and thinking- Start with a softball size of
clay- Rodin as model

14. Double Wall Tea Cup- 5inch x 8inch slab- fold in half- add cardboard
1-1/2inch wide

15. Ceramic Wall Switch Plate- 5x 3x 1/4inches Slab- Subtractive (take away)
from the back

16. Picture Frame- Make two 6 x 5inch slabs, cut out oval on one, use coil
for in between on three sides, leave top open (so you can slide picture into
frame from top), add a stand for back of frame.

17. Mug- make 3-1/2inch x 10inches template, use slab technique, add handle
and bottom

18. Bowl with handle

19. Votive Candle Holder- 6inch High, use pinch or slab technique- add
texture such as burlap

20. Rainbow Chimes

21. Chess set or Mobile- your choice

22. Pitcher- 3inch high

23. Brooch- Three pieces, animal, bird and a design. Brooch is not to exceed
3inch x3inch, 1/4inch thick

24. Bowl - potting- on the wheel

25. 6inch Cylinder/Vase- on the wheel

26. Create a new fish- use coil, slab technique

Wayne S

---