Re: Marionettes -Anyone have a lesson plan for 6th grade

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:43:07 PDT

Hi Marguerite, I have done them using a 1' square pc. of fabric with a large
wooden bead for the head. The center of the square of fabric is pushed up
through the hole of the bead and the string or thread is attached to that.
Then, lay flat on the table so that it is a triangle shape with the point
facing you and the bead on the top flat side. Attach a string to either points
on the left and right sides of the triangle for the arm movement. Decorate the
bead with yarn, feathers, sequins, sharpies, etc for face. You can also add to
the fabric body. Does this make sense to you? You would have three strings
when finished, one on the head and one on either side- the puppet is a
triangle- sort of- shape. Betsy

Marguerite Rohner wrote:

> I need help, I would like to make marionettes with my sixth grade art

---