Re: Color Printmaking

---------

From: Susan M Kipp (smkipp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:24:16 PDT

Thanks
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dennis Golombek
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 12:19 PM
  Subject: Re: Color Printmaking

  Susan,

  Students sand the metallic side down. That side is then coated with Createx Base Coat. We use either Createx Monotype colors or watercolor crayons for image-making. We then run the dry image through a small press onto damp paper. You can use a brayer for transfer as well but I happen to have the old press. You can also use watercolor pencils directly onto those small scraps of matboard and then print onto damp paper. Paper for both procedures is usually soaked for about 5 minutes and then blotted between sheets of blotting paper.

  Hope this helps.

  Dennis in Buffalo.

  Dennis Golombek
  Lowry Middle School