Dallas, cheap? HA!

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 12:12:22 PDT

The cost of living is NOT lower in Texas!! My wife and I were considering
moving to Dallas this year. The CHEAPEST house we could get was over
$70,000. And that was pretty trashy. When we go to visit my inlaws in the
Lewisville area, you see LOTS of signs for new developments that read
similar to this: New houses starting at $500,000. Dallas is a rapidly
expanding community. Expect to drive 1 to 2 hours to get ANYWHERE. For those
used to big cities it's no big deal. But for the rest of us...

Cars are the same as the rest of the midwest. College? Don't get me started.
Suffice it to say I can't afford to go back and get my masters with both my
wife and I teaching, +1,400 a month from doing Foster care.

We went to visit relatives in Iowa last summer. Cresco, Iowa. Beautiful
country. Turn of the century Victorian houses with the huge wrap-around
porches. Cost? Less than $100,000!! If it wasn't for the winters my wife and
I would be living in Iowa or Wisconsin right now!! It's absolutely amazing
country in the summer.

Just my two cents.
Donald Peters