beginning salary

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 09:56:26 PDT

In 2000-01, a beginning teacher with a Bachelor's degree made 25000, with a
Masters', 27,500. It went up a tiny bit this year, but I don't have that
schedule here. The highest then was44,930 and 49,420, respectively. After 10
yrs. of service the state provides a longevity payment ranging from
1.5%-4.5% depending on years of service.This year, with a Master's degree,
National Board certification, and 3 yrs. exp. one can earn 36,860 up to a
max. (29+ yreas) of 60,950. However, the state also cut its contributions to
our retirement system this year in half.

Guilford Co., North Carolina

---