Re: Beginning salary

---------

From: Susan M Kipp (smkipp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 08:42:50 PDT

Portland OR
$28,725.
With MA $34,2543.
But our contract is up in June. They want to freeze salaries and cap insurance benefits meaning they want us to pay $178 out of our own pockets. Plus they want to cut 2 weeks out of the school year (and our salary), making our school year the shortest in the US.
 The 1st round of job openings jus came out. There was only one 1/2 time art opening. I have been cut 20% for next year.