RE: Beginning salary

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 06:11:06 PDT

        I have my Masters +30, plus National Board Certification, plus 25
years - just cracked $50,000.....

 - but according to my district - one of the wealthiest in the state -
(parents can raise $80,000 at the auction, and $900,000 + to fix the roof
and electrical system) my 'perks' are small class sizes and great
classroom budgets

 - I tried to tell that to my son's orthodontist (who lives in the school
district) - but he wouldn't accept it as payment -

Ellen

> New Jersey has the distinction of having the highest paid teachers in the
> union, or so I heard today.
>
> Starting out in my district: $35,000 soon to be $40,000
>
> I have my master + 30 and I am teaching 25 years=$83,500 (down from last
> year because I gave the stipend up when I gave up yearbook).

---