great site/charter school for the arts

---------

From: Eric Holsen (holsenek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 20:55:59 PDT

Hey Woody,

I'm a relative newbie to the list but I feel like I know you somewhat from
your great posts. I appreciate your helpful answers. Just wanted to send
you fan mail to say how much I love your web site!

Your paintings are beautiful and your lessons are great! I was showing some
of your flower paintings to my classes today and they were - of course -
wowed.

Wish I lived close enough to come to your painting sessions!

Can't believe how big those grandkids are...

FYI - we need air conditioning in Minnesota too - for all our cold weather,
we get 104 in July all the time. Not that it's worth cutting the arts
for!! Arggh!

I work at a charter high school for the arts in Rochester. It's refreshing
to work somewhere the arts are valued. Not that it's easy figuring out how
to make a school work...we're in our second year and are going through some
personnel and financial challenges...but it sure is a positive place to
work, anyway. Are there good charter schools in your neck of the woods?

Anyway, I'm living for the latest weather prediction of 70 for the
weekend...wish me luck!

--Kris

---