Education cuts

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 18:13:17 PDT

 Patty wrote:
<<think everyone, everywhere is suffering and I'm not sure exactly why
it has happened. I think we are not too aware of all the
implications of 9/11.
Just how much is our war on terrorism costing us?>>

 I am concerned at the cost of war and where it is leading. What
bothers me more, is that it diverted attention away from the educational
reform and I think that Bush thinks that everyone will understand if he
lets it go.After all, who can argue with fighting terrorists attacks? I
think it was Ted Kennedy who said this week that he can't believe that
the President won't fund his own Education bill. Let's face it, war is
expensive.
In my district, They told a middle school art teacher that she could
teach history or go to the elementary level. I don't know what will
happen to the elementary person.This school had three art teachers and
is cutting back to two. We are up for a Board change and many of the new
people want a back to basics approach.
These are very tenuous times and I feel that we need to be advocating
more than ever. Just my thoughts.

Betsy

---