Woody's Olympic prints

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 17:36:10 PDT

Dear Woody,

Do I remember that you were going to begin this lesson with the sausage man
drawing technique? The prints are gorgeous I love the primary plus black
color scheme.

Wish I owned a digital camera so I could send some photos of my students
olympic pictogram artwork. We painted the pictograms with flat brushes (Big
Kids Choice from Royal Langeker--sp?) black tempera on orange, yellow or
blue (colors of the olympic symbol from Salt Lake) construction paper and
filled the negative space with warm or cool oil pastel. This project is a
take off on a lesson in this fall's School Arts on painting Planetary
symbols in the style of Paul Klee. The kids were very excited about their
results. The lesson seemed to have a good balance of open-ended structure.

Marcia, Derby, KS