Re: Education Cuts

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 17:08:44 PDT

I would not have believed it before moving here, but Kansas gets very HOT in the summer. Teachers return go in mid-August and are done by the end of May. It is very miserable from mid-August to the end of September and often from mid-April to the end of May. Then there is summer school, which would be impossible without airconditioning. These bond issues were passed when the economy was good (last year?). These are totally different monies from what is spent to run the school--salaries, supplies, etc.

Marcia, Derby, KS