Re: Woody

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 17:58:06 PDT

> Woody,
> These prints are wonderful. As district art coordinator, I find that many
> of our middel school teachers are not pushing students to the degree I see
> you doing with your students. I see too much stand and deliver "to be
> done the teachers way", than I see students doing the experimenting. How
> hard is it to position for the next color prints?
> Jackie Aust

I've been building toward this for 25 years at the same school. When you get
a group like this you want to push them (just enough) to give their best.
I spend 20-30 minutes each morning unloading the drying rack, sorting prints
into their folders and setting the room up for them. They only have a 42 minute
class to get work done in. When they come in (2nd hour)
they start right to work, carving, mixing color, printing and filling
the drying
rack up again. "How hard is it to position for the next color prints?"
If by that, you mean registration of colors we "eyeball" it as shown on the
web page. If it's off a bit, I think the offset colors add a little to
the image.
                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail