Re: Elissa and her yarn art fantastic idea

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 17:25:02 PDT

I do a lesson on the Huichol Indians out of Mexico each year. We do yarn
paintings also. I have the students create symbols that would represent
their culture or heritage and the meanings of the symbols. I have them
create a symmetrical design with the symbols . I have been looking for a
soft wax. Are the wax rings soft? After the paintings are completed,
students have to write a story about what is taking place in the paintings
from another student. I have been working on a large one for two years.
I am using a really thin yarn I get from Hobby Lobby (internet order). I
cant remember the brand but will find out, you can get some really bright
colors and the yarn does not fray.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org