Education Cuts

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 17:10:23 PDT

Our newspaper this morning talked about the millions that our corp has
already
"spent" hiring architects,legal work, and everything else that goes
along with
trying to build a new school. There was a remonstrance when many in the
community didn't think it was a good time to build 2 new middle schools,
an elemmentary school, and fix three other schools- to the toon of 115
million.
Many people had been laid off and were very nervous about going into
that much debt. the remonstrance was successful and the project was
stopped- but alot of companies and people had already gotten the ball
rolling- assuming that this was a done deal. They're expecting the
bills to start rolling in in May. Our corp has been plagued with issues
like this. I don't know what will happen here, but I suspect that they
will not rehire anyone who retires- We alredy have 30 in many classes.
The other thing is, our corp is also going to be penalized by the state
because they were counting the private school kids, who were using some
labs and sports facilities,as full day students. I could go on and on-
but this is long enough.
Things look definitly "iffy" around here.
Betsy

---