Re: display panels

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 14:32:21 PDT

That's a good idea. I have a stack of wood in my garage waiting for me to
finish my panels. Mine are 4'x5', and are in sections of 2. They are
constructed out of 2x2". I cut them down the center about 1/2" deep to make
a grove. I then slide in masonite. My original plan was to have these be 6'
tall, and to be in sections of 3, but in order for me to manuver these
around by myself I had to size them down. I LOVE them! I currently have 3
finished (6 panels hinged together in pairs) - I can attach artwork during
class whenever I have a few minutes, so I no longer have to spend hours
after school hanging artwork!
~Michal

> I just got done having my husband make four panels for our opera. then I
had the
> school corp carpenters put hinges on. That saved my husband the time.
> Also, another local company donated a flat on a frame, but the frame was
made out
> of pallett wood, and fell apart( woe is me) - so in a panic, I called the
school
> carpenter again, and he made a delux model with supports, etc. This saved
my
> husband and I a great deal of time- which is in short supply right now.
Anyway,