Re: Brazil, anyone have info?

---------

From: Julie Hulvey (artistic_license_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 13:48:46 PDT

Connie,

I checked with my portuguese teacher, who lived in Brazil for 30 years. She
was very uncomfortable with the idea of you even going into a favela (of
course, neither of us know the circumstances or arrangements). Please don't
go there on your own. But as to giving, her advice was just as Maggie White
said: work through the local people, including teachers. They will know the
areas of need.

Julie

---