Re: Color Printmaking / Registration

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 11:25:33 PDT

    Several years ago I did a book of intaglio prints with text hand set in
foundry type. In order to register the intaglio prints, I made a diagram on
paper of the plate shape and the paper shape in correct position over the
plate. (The position was the same for all the prints.) I taped this diagram
underneath a stiff piece of clear acrylic, which had one long end tucked
under the press rollers and blankets so it wouldn't move out of place. It
was then easy to place the wiped plate in its place and line up the paper
within its guidelines. After each printing all I had to do was wipe any ink
smear off the acrylic before I did the next print.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

---