Re: Elissa and her yarn art fantastic idea

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 12:53:43 PDT

Thanks Elissa great idea!!- Its Sunday and I have made a mockup (a landscape
design to show the students how its done) of the yarn art. I purchased the
wax rings at a local hardware for $.99 cents each and I melted the rings in
a pan on our stove. I used a throw away brush to brush on the wax on the
cardboard- (I used cardboard- cheaper this way) and put the yarn on the
cardboard. Question to you? When finished is there a fixative to be sprayed
on so the yarn won't fall off? I noticed in some areas the yarn sometimes
pops up. I plan on hanging the students finished pieces in our hallways in
the school.
Wayne S